Sweet chewy crust on the outside with a soft scrumptious inside describes this crazy good recipe for beer bread.
This recipe lends itself well to allow you to create whatever your favorite flavor beer might be in a bread. I have used Sweetwater 420 which gives the bread a tasty West Coast Style Pale Ale flavor with a stimulating hop character and a crisp finish with each bite. Some of my family likes a milder less hop flavored beer so I also use Dos Equis XX Special Lager or a milder American beer such as Coors.
The best part of this recipe is, it only takes 10 minutes to mix it up and then all you have to do is pop it into the oven for an hour. Your friends and family will be amazed that you didn’t spend hours in the kitchen making this homemade beer bread.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ tablespoons honey
- 1 bottle of our favorite beer
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Spray with cooking spray a 9x5 loaf pan. Place a piece of parchment paper cut to size in the bottom of the loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Heat honey in microwave for 10 seconds
- With a spoon, stir the beer and honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan.
- Pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter. Use a pastry brush to spread it around.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.