Crushed black pepper with freshly squeezed lemon juice and savory garlic help create this Lemon Pepper Marinade with loads of flavor to spice up your seafood, chicken or vegetables.
I have found that the key to really good marinade flavor is starting with fresh ingredients. Don’t skimp and use bottle lemon juice. Adding the fresh lemon pulp and skin zest both infuse more flavor. I found a little trick to get all the juice and pulp from a lemon with a little help a tool like this Olive Wood Citrus Reamer.
I have been through many lemon juice squeezer tools, some counter top, and some handheld squeezers but none does as good as job as this little jewel. All you have to do is cut a lemon in half, insert reamer and twist. All the juice and pulp come out and all you have left is the lemon rind.
- ½ cup olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 lemon's juice and pulp
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked mixed pepper corns
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together until well blended.
- Pour over chicken, seafood or vegetables to marinate.
- Allow to marinate for at least 3 hours in a refrigerator before grilling or baking