Lemons and Summer just go together. It’s the perfect fruit on a hot summer day to help quench your thirst or sweeten them up and you have a refreshing summertime dessert.
There is just something about the pleasing scent and tart taste of a lemon. I have gathered some recipes to get your lemon on this summer.
The tartness of lemons and the cooling sensation of sweet mint combined together makes a wonderful summertime drink.
Mint Lemonade is a cool and refreshing summer time treat.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar, or more if you like it really sweet
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice and pulp
- 6 cups room temperature filter water
- Ice, as needed
- Lemon wheels for garnish
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, gently muddle the mint leaves, being careful not to tear them.
- In a gallon size pitcher. combine the mint leaves, lemon juice and pulp, sugar and room temperature filtered water
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Add ice to chill and the lemon wheels, allowing them to float in lemonade
Below are a few more lemon recipes I have gathered from fellow bloggers to inspire you.
Ok, if your a gardener you know you are always trying to think of creative ways to use up your zucchini. Over at Lil Luna she has come up with a great recipe for incorporating zucchini and lemons in a tasty sweet summery bread. Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread recipe
If you want to try making the perfect lemon ice cream then certainly head over to Your Homebased Mom. She has just the right amount of lemon zing to her recipe which is sure to please your family and guest. Lemon Ice Cream recipe