I was feeling a little tropical when I created this light and fresh Mango Sesame Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing.
Mangos have been selling for a great price this spring and since they are on my list of top favorite fruits I have been buying quite a few. They are great in smoothies and mixed in a fruit bowl for a light dessert.
There is just one problem with this yummy fruit, they can be quite the challenge to peel, cut, and cube. Now you can go the gadget way to get the job done and try OXO Good Grips Mango Splitter which is a handy tool by one of my favorite kitchen gadget tool companies.
I was shown another way to get the mango separated from the seed and skin when a group of friends and I were preparing freezer meals for a sweet young lady starting chemo treatments for breast cancer. One request she had was frozen pre-packaged fruit for her smoothies. It was at this time I learned a great trick from one of the ladies for getting all the mango removed. The great part of this technique is no fancy gadgets, just a knife, and a juice glass.
The National Mango Board shares another great technique for preparing mangos.
So now that you know how to cut your mango it will be even easier to make this Mango Sesame Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing. Why not make this salad a wonderful summer meal, by adding my Thai Grilled Chicken. It’s going to be great!
There is one more bonus to this recipe, ginger is a super food that helps keep us healthy. As part of my own fight with colon cancer, I have been adding ginger to my juices, dressings, and veggies every day. To find out more be sure and read 13 Proven Health Benefits of Ginger.
- ¼ cup coconut vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoon finely shredded carrot
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 ounces romaine lettuce chopped into bites size pieces
- 2 mangos cubed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, carrot, maple syrup and lime juice in a glass jar. Place lid on and shake well to blend.
- Place lettuce and mango in a bowl. Toss with dressing
- Plate salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Affiliate links in post