I am a huge fan of all kinds of salads and when our area got a Zoe’s Kitchen I found I got a little obsessive over their quinoa salad, which could get a little expensive eating out all the time . I decided to create my own Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe.
It is super easy to make and would be great for lunch or add grilled chicken and make it a dinner the whole family will enjoy. To make it even easier I bought my organic quinoa from Costco already prepared in the freezer section. Just had to pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
I add a few extra goodies to mine such as sun dried tomatoes, whole olives, and diced green peppers. Depending on what you had on hand you could also toss in some chopped broccoli, celery or diced cucumbers. The combinations are endless once you have the basic salad built.
I use Cavender’s Greek Seasoning with all my mediterranean dishes like this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. It’s easy to find in our area but if you have trouble finding it at stores, you can order it through Amazon.
Did you know that Quinoa is considered a superfood? This newly popular seed, which cooks like a grain, is a great addition to a healthy diet. To learn more check out Well-Being Secrets, 27 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Quinoa.
Super easy to make and would be great for lunch or add grilled chicken and make it a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 10 greek variety olives
- 2 TB red wine vinegar
- 2 TB good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cavender’s Greek Seasoning (or any other greek seasoning mix)
- fresh ground sea salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl in order given.
- Toss and serve
- The addition of chopped broccoli, celery, or cucumbers would be delicious.
Affiliate link within post