Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is a healthy vegetarian salad that is simple to make with fresh veggies and a few pantry staples like roasted red bell peppers, kalamata olives, vinegar, and olive oil.
I am a huge fan of all kinds of salads and when our area got a Zoe’s Kitchen I found I got a little obsessive over their quinoa salad, which could get a little expensive eating out all the time . I decided to create my own Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe.
It is super easy to make and would be great for lunch or add grilled chicken and make it a dinner the whole family will enjoy. To make it even easier, I bought my organic quinoa from Costco already prepared in the freezer section. I just had to pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Sometimes when I prepare this salad, I like to add some extra goodies to mine, such as sun-dried tomatoes, anchovies, and chickpeas. Depending on what you had on hand, you could also toss in some chopped broccoli, celery, or green peppers. The combinations are endless once you have the basic salad built.
I use Cavender’s Greek Seasoning with all my mediterranean dishes like this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. It’s easy to find in our area but if you have trouble finding it at stores, you can order it through Amazon.
Did you know that Quinoa is considered a superfood? This newly popular seed, which cooks like a grain, is a great addition to a healthy diet. Quinoa is high in fiber and high-quality protein. In fact, it contains more protein than any other grain while also packing in iron and potassium. To learn more check out Well-Being Secrets, 27 Science-Backed Health Benefits of Quinoa.Print
Super easy to make and would be great for lunch or add grilled chicken and make it a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 cups chopped mixed lettuce greens
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup roasted red and yellow peppers sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup green and kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumbers
- 2 TB red wine vinegar
- 2 TB good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cavender’s Greek Seasoning (or any other greek seasoning mix)
- fresh ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl in order given.
- Toss and serve
- The addition of chopped broccoli, celery, or green peppers would be delicious.
Keywords: Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Affiliate link within post