Spiral Cucumber and Onion Dill Salad is a light tangy salad with a hint of dill just perfect as a side dish for your summer meals.
I am a huge vegetable lover so my daughter-in-law surprised me with a new kitchen gadget called the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer. It opened a whole new world of recipe ideas for me to try.
One of the bonuses to using my spiral slicer is it makes slicing vegetables super easy and fast. So much so, one can get a little crazy with the amount of veggies you spiral. Spiraled vegetables make great salads and vegetable side dishes. Put in the extra thin spiral slicer and you can substitute your wheat pasta for zucchini pasta.
- 6 medium size cucumbers
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 4 oz jar diced pimientos
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Mix vinegar, sugar, water, pepper, salt and dill in a medium size bowl, stirring until sugar is disolved
- Spiral slice cucumbers and onions, add to dressing bowl
- Drain pimientos and then add to bowl
- Toss to coat all vegetables
- Chill for one hour before serving
For more delicious spiral recipe ideas be sure and stop by my Spiral Recipes Pinterst board.