Amaze your friends with these delicious and easy to make garlicky sweet wings. My daughter Faith has created a recipe that after tasting them the whole family considered them the ULTIMATE Garlic Chicken Wings! There is just something unique about these wing’s flavor that I can’t quite put my finger on, but I sure was willing to lick all the goodness off my fingers during dinner.
These wings would be a great do ahead if you were entertaining a lot of people. You could get them almost all cooked in the oven and then when guest arrive throw them on the grill for the crisping up stage. The basic flavor of the wing is great alone but you can also think wing bar for entertaining. Any flavor sauce goes perfectly with these wings. Just toss a half cup of your preferred sauce per 4 pounds of wings. We like Sweet Baby Ray’s or Texas Pete and butter for a little more spice.
- 4 pounds raw chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek ground fresh chili paste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, this will make clean up much easier.
- Pat chicken wings dry with paper towel and then place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle all the seasonings and sauces over the wings. Toss with your hands being sure all wings are completely coated evenly.
- Place wings on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and then place in preheated 500 degree oven.
- After 15 minutes, turn oven down to 375 degrees and continue to cook wings for another 40 minutes.
- Then turn wings over and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Once wings are roasted place them on a hot grill for 10 minutes, turning several times to crisp them nicely.
- Coat with ½ cup of your favorite bbq sauce, hot sauce, sweet & sour sauce or what ever you like. These are really so good you don't even have to sauce them if you prefer.
- Serve and be ready for amazing!