Each bite of these Apples and Bourbon Baked Beans brings a new flavor sensation in your mouth. You will find hints of bourbon, maple syrup, bacon or a smokey bbq hint of cinnamon with each new bite.
- 10 strips of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 large or 2 medium apples, cut into small cubes
- 1 28oz can baked beans
- 1 14oz can white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cook bacon in a medium size cast iron skillet for about 5 minutes until the bacon begins to crisp.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add bourbon to pan, stir and scrape sides to blend all together.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring all to blend together.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes so beans can thicken up.