Fresh picked asparagus in a creamy filling on top a light crispy puff pastry shell makes this easy Asparagus Tart so beautiful and tasty that your friends will think you worked hours on preparing it. It’s a perfect quick appetizer or side dish for your spring luncheons or dinners.
- 1 sheet of Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry (hint, they are sold 2 in a box)
- 14 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch spears
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon (basil is also good)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- Let your puff pastry defrost in the fridge or on the countertop according to the package’s instructions then lay pastry in a round 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cook the asparagus in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp
- Drain well and place on paper towels
- Beat the eggs, half-and-half, cheese, tarragon and salt in a bowl. Season with pepper
- Arrange the asparagus in the baked puff pastry crust. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the asparagus.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the center is firm and lightly browned. Cover edges with foil if the begin to brown to much.
- Remove to a wire rack and let cool slightly.
- Loosen from the side of the pan with a sharp knife and remove tart and serve.