This creamy Thai Peanut Hummus Recipe is loaded with spicy Thai seasonings, hints of cilantro…
I bet I can get you to like eggplant! This easy baba ganoush recipe is a delicious traditional Middle Eastern eggplant spread with a fun name that means pampered papa.
The taste might surprise you; it is super creamy, slightly sweet, and the perfect balance of savory and tangy from the lemon and tahini. It can be served as a creamy dip or spread that you will hardly believe it’s vegan and doesn’t require a lot of oil.
The main ingredient in baba ganoush is eggplant that has been roasted on a hot grill or under a broiler to the point of withering. The flesh of the eggplant is then combined with tahini, garlic, olive oil, and other spices to create this wonderful spread. You can serve it as a cold side dish or as a dip with pita bread or crusty french bread. It’s also great as a dip with cut fresh veggies or a sauce for sauteed vegetables.
I found this basic recipe for my own over at Inspired Taste. I did mine just a little different from their recipe, such as roasting the garlic with the eggplant. They also give a link to their post on how to make your own tahini.
Easy Baba Ganoush Recipe
- 2 medium purple or 8 long white eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Place whole washed eggplant on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Place whole unpeeled garlic on the same pan
- Roast on 350 for 20 minutes or until shriveled and skin is browned
- Allow eggplant and garlic to cool to touch
- Scrape inside of eggplant into a bowl.
- Trim tip of garlic and squeeze bulb into the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into the bowl. Blend all contents with a stick blender until smooth. You could also do this in a food processor.
- Chill and serve.