This EasyBaba Ganoush Recipe is a delicious traditional Middle Eastern eggplant spread with a fun name that means pampered papa.
It is made with eggplant that’s been roasted on a hot grill or under a broiler to the point of shriveling. The flesh of the eggplant is then combined with tahini, garlic, olive oil and other spices to create wonderful spread.
This Easy Baba Ganoush Recipe can be served as a cold side dish or as a dip with pita bread or a crusty french bread.
I found this basic recipe for my own over at Inspired Taste. I did mine just a little different from their recipe, such as roasting the garlic with the eggplant. They also give a link to their post on how to make your own tahini.
Baba Ganoush is a delicious traditional Middle Eastern eggplant spread with a fun name that means pampered papa.
- 2 medium purple or 8 long white eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Place whole washed eggplant on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place whole unpeeled garlic on the same pan
- Roast on 350 for 20 minutes or until shriveled and skin is browned
- Allow eggplant and garlic to cool to touch
- Scrape inside of eggplant into a bowl.
- Trim tip of garlic and squeeze bulb into the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into the bowl. Blend all contents with a stick blender until smooth. You could also do this in a food processor.
- Chill and serve.