Baba Ganoush is a delicious traditional Middle Eastern eggplant spread with a fun name that means pampered papa.
- 2 medium purple or 8 long white eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Place whole washed eggplant on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place whole unpeeled garlic on the same pan
- Roast on 350 for 20 minutes or until shriveled and skin is browned
- Allow eggplant and garlic to cool to touch
- Scrape inside of eggplant into a bowl.
- Trim tip of garlic and squeeze bulb into the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients into the bowl. Blend all contents with a stick blender until smooth. You could also do this in a food processor.
- Chill and serve.