Savory Blue Cheese Crackers with garlic and parmesan are perfect for a warm late night snack with fruit or an appetizer with cocktails when company comes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4-ounces crumbled blue cheese (Trader Joe’s Blue Stilton)
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cut into pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sesame seeds and poppy seeds mixed
- Combine flour, salt, garlic and parmesan cheese in food processor’s bowl using a dough blade.
- Pulse on and off until well combined, scraping bowl if needed.
- Add blue cheese and butter; pulse until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add 2 tablespoons water while machine is running. If it seems to crumbly add another tablespoon water until it forms a dough ball.
- Transfer dough to a floured working area and shape dough into a log about 2-inches in diameter.
- Wrap in parchment paper and freeze for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove dough from freezer, unwrap
- Whisk egg and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl until blended.
- Generously brush the dough with egg wash.
- Roll and sprinkle the dough with sesame and poppy seeds.
- Cut into ¼-inch rounds.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and bottoms of the crackers with the remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks.