Bourbon Brown Butter Cookies are full of melt in your mouth caramel buttery flavor with a hint of bourbon to warm your tummy.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- Brown butter, heating in a skillet over medium high heat to melt it down until the bits in the bottom get toasty and golden brown. Continually stir to be sure it does not burn.
- Pour it into your mixing bowl and chill until it reached the consistency of room temperature butter
- Beat on medium-high speed for 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy and no visible chunks of butter remain.
- Add brown sugar and continue to beat for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt until evenly blended.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Add bourbon and vanilla, mix on low speed until mixture comes together into a smooth dough. I had to add 2 teaspoons of water at this point to make a smother dough.
- Roll out cookie dough on a floured surface and cut out shapes desired.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 13 minutes
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 4 minutes then remove to cooling rack to completely cool