A perfect copy cat recipe for Cincinnati Chili you can make at home.
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 teaspoons A-1 sauce
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Boil beef in enough water to cover meat until all pink is gone, about 10 minutes
- Drain meat and return to large stock pot.
- Or you can boil the meat right in the sauce and leave in the fat for a more original chili
- Put all other ingredients in stock pot and allow to simmer for at least 3 hours
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles and top with pinto beans, chopped onions, finely shredded cheddar cheese, hot sauce and oyster crackers.