Sweet creamy clam chowder that is easy to make.
- 12 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 4 cups diced boiled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 – 32 oz box Swanson Seafood Cooking Sauce
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 Tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 – 6.5 oz cans Bumble Bee chopped clams, drained
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large heavy stock pot.
- Add onions and cook over medium heat until translucent.
- Add celery, carrots, potatoes, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add seafood cooking sauce, simmer uncovered until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a small pan, melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter and then whisk in the flour. cook on very low heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in a cup of the hot broth and then pour this mixture back into the cooked vegetables.
- Simmer for a few minutes until the broth thickens.
- Add milk, clams and heat gently for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!