Curried Coconut chicken is a sweet and spicy exotic-tasting dish that is an easy, crowd pleasing one pan meal.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup small diced potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Season sliced chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes.
- Stir in onions, peppers, potatoes and garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve over rice noodles or jasmin rice
- Top with unsweetened coconut and raisins