Amazing is what your family will say when you fix this Easy Italian Chicken. Creamy Italian flavored cream sauce with colorful peppers, onions and garlic envelop baked chicken that is topped with toasted mozzarella cheese to create a memorable meal you family will ask for again and again.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 – 14-ounce can small artichoke hearts, drained very well and dried on a paper towel
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup diced orange pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- One package Zesty Italian dressing mix (Good Seasons brand)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chicken bullion cube
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons freshly minced garlic
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add onions, garlic, and the peppers, cook until tender. Remove from the heat and set aside
- Put water, bullion cube and cream cheese in microwave safe bowl and microwave a minute or two until cream cheese is very soft.
- Whisk the dressing mix into the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
- Stir in pepper mixture, artichokes, and spinach.
- Place the chicken breasts in a casserole dish.
- Pour the cream cheese and veggie mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for around 45 minutes OR until the chicken reaches 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the top. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Broil on high for 3 minutes to brown cheese.
- Serve immediately