Loaded with creamy potatoes, Italian sausage, and kale this Easy Toscana Zuppa Soup is quick to make and will be a crowd pleaser for your whole family.
- 1 pound Italian Sausage in links
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped in small cubes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 32 oz box chicken broth
- 1 can creamy potato soup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, place on sausage and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until skin is brown and meat cooked through.
- In a soup pot add olive oil and sweet potatoes. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add onions, cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes
- Add garlic cook 1 more minute, while stirring.
- Add creamy potato soup, chicken broth, kale, salt, and pepper. Allow to simmer over low heat until sausage is finished cooking.
- When sausage is done, cut into bite size slices, add to soup.
- Add whipping cream, heat over low for several minutes then serve.
- Can top with crushed red peppers to taste.