Perfectly simple and delicious describes this authentic recipe for The Masters Egg Salad. …
The flavor of this Egg Rolls Unwrapped recipe will delight your family and friends as much as eating your favorite Chinese restaurant’s takeout egg rolls but a little trimmer on the waistline and easier on the budget.
Egg rolls are one of our favorite takeout side dishes when we order Chinese, so my daughter Faith wanted to try to create a dish that tasted like them and would serve up enough of the flavor to call it a meal. She looked on line at some recipes but decided to create her own. She wanted to infuse the flavor of the sweet chili dipping sauce that comes in those fun little clear plastic packets.
The whole family thought her Egg Rolls Unwrapped recipe was a hit. Matter of fact, we all went back for seconds but…… the pan was empty. We will make another bigger batch this week for sure!
All the goodness of takeout egg rolls made easily at home as a meal.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 package fresh coleslaw mix
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Sambal Oelek Chili paste
- Cook the ground pork until done then remove from the pan, leaving the drippings.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and celery to the pan and saute until almost cooked through.
- Add the coleslaw mix and continue to cook about 10 minutes, then mix in cooked ground pork.
- Add the freshly grated ginger, Hoisin Sauce, rice vinegar and Sambal Oelek chili paste.
- Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.