- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 5 or more cups of chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 small bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup jasmin rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Pick all the meat off of 1 whole rotisserie chicken placing meat in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Next place the carcass into a large stock pot and cover with 1/2 water and 1/2 chicken broth, just enough to not quite cover the bird.
- Bring this to a boil then reduce heat, cover the pot and allow to simmer for around 1 and 1/2 hours.
- After stock has cooked, drain broth through a colander lined with cheese cloth and discard bones. Return stock to large stock pot. Add enough canned chicken broth if needed to have 10 cups of stock.
- Sauté garlic and onions in olive oil in a sauce pan until onions are transparent, about 5 minutes on medium heat. Add cooked onions and garlic to stock.
- Add chicken, carrots, bay leaves, basil, thyme, greek seasoning, parsley and lemon juice to stock.
- Simmer 20 minutes
- Add rice cook until tender about 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves, add peas, cook 3 minutes and serve.