Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a delicious guilt-free treat that is gluten-free, sugar-free, and vegan.
Is chocolate zucchini bread healthy
Many zucchini bread recipes are actually not a healthy snack. The recipes might have a vegetable in them but they are also loaded with sugar and processed white flour. This Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread is good for you though!
- quinoa flour
- unsweetened applesauce
- almond milk
- dark cocoa powder
- Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener (0 carbs and calories)
- Dark Chocolate Chips by Lily's ( 0 calories, stevia-sweetened)
I have substituted many of the unhealthy ingredients for something better for you. For example, instead of oil I used unsweetened applesauce and switched out white processed flour for quinoa flour. The sweetness comes from my new favorite sweetener called Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener. It has zero calories, glycemic, and carbs. It gets its sweetness from erythritol and monk fruit.
I have also discovered Lilly’s Dark Chocolate Chips that I sprinkled on the top of this zucchini bread before baking. They are also 0 calories and sweetened with stevia.
Do you peel zucchini for bread?
I do not peel my zucchini before grating, the peels are good for you. I use a large hole grader and do not salt, drain or squeeze out any of the water.
Why do people put zucchini in bread?
Zucchini adds moisture to your bread and which allows you to leave out unhealthy oils in your recipe. 1 cup of zucchini has 26% of your daily vitamin C, 10% potassium, and 2.1 grames of protein, all for 27 calories.
How do you fix soggy zucchini bread?
If your zucchini seems particularly juicy slightly squees with a paper towel before adding to the recipe. If after baking your bread seems soggy heat your oven back up to 350 degrees and return the bread into the oven. Bake for 10 to 20 more minutes, checking with a toothpick every so often to see if the bread stops sticking to the toothpick. If you are worried your bread will brown to much cover the pan lightly with a piece of foil.
MORE HEALTHY BREAD RECIPES
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It helps others find the recipe! ❤️️ Also, I love to hear from my readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. I'm always looking for new ideas for posts that would help you. Don't forget if you do make this recipe, tag me @intentionalhospitality on Instagram so I can share it with my followers. I would love to see your yummy creation.
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup all natural almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup Lilly's Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or spray with coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the remaining liquid ingredients and stir well until almost all lumps are removed.
- Place in the bread pan and bake for 45 minutes in the middle of the oven. Be sure and stick test the middle before removing. If needed, bake 5 to 10 more minutes