Be ready to amaze your taste buds when you bake this Gluten Free Vegan Banana…
This Healthy Pumpkin Bread recipe is gluten-free, with hints of pumpkin spice, slightly sweet and nutty with crunchy pumpkin seeds and oatmeal.
Fall is upon us, and that means pumpkin spice to make everything nice. Just the aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves can create a desire for crisp fall leaves falling and sweaters needed as we head out in the mornings. While the weather is not cooperating this year, I am still going forward with my fall baking.
I wanted to create a recipe that would evoke the feeling of fall. I envisioned being all cozied up with a warm mug of cider and a big slice of just out of the oven spiced pumpkin bread. Eating healthy is important to me, yet I wanted a snack I could indulge in. It needed to be low sugar, gluten-free and fructan free but packed with fall spices and a hint of chocolate.
Health benefits of pumpkin
Cooking with pumpkin is also a great healthy choice. Eating pumpkin has been connected to several health benefits.
It can improve vision, protect cardiovascular health, boost your immunity, increase fertility, improve bone mineral density, and aid weight loss, among others.
Also, with the addition of pumpkin seeds to this recipe, you are getting nutrients like protein, and omega-3 acid, manganese, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, zinc, and iron.
I have discovered Liyl’s semi-sweet chocolate chips are a delicious way to add sweet chocolate flavor to my recipes. The chips are sugar-free, and a healthy choice to toss in the pumpkin bread since they are only sweetened with natural stevia.
If keeping your diet gluten-gree and fructan free then I have good news for your baking recipes. I tried Pamela’s Flour Gluten Free Allpurp Artisan Blend for this recipe and I’m hooked. I was pleasantly surprised how well Pamela’s flour baked compared to standard all-purpose flour. I can hardly wait to try it in all my other holiday fororte recipes.
Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- 1 2/3 cups Pamela's Gluten Free All-purpose Artisan Blend regular flour can be used if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup mayple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter flavor coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds combined with 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Lily's stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla, melted coconut oil, applesauce, and flax egg. Blend on with a mixer until all ingredents are blended smooth and creamy.
- Stir in by hand chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour mixture in a non-stick bread pan that is lightly sprayed with coconut oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bread is firm though out.