This summer kick up your hot dogs on the grill by creating your own delicious homemade yellow mustard. It’s quick, easy and you will be able to create gourmet mustards with unique twists of flavor that will have your guest asking, “where did you get this great mustard sauce?”
- 1/2 cup dry ground yellow mustard powder
- 1/2 cup water (could substitute beer instead)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet paprika ground
- Whisk all ingredients in a small saucepan until smooth
- Bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, so it does not stick to the pan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool 5 minutes
- Transfer mustard to 4 ounces sterilized glass jars. Secure seal and ring on jar. Allow to cool an additional 15 minutes
- Place jars in refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours before using
- Mustard will keep up to a year in the refrigerator.