We all have had it happen, that phone call that says on the other end,…
Ready to sell your home? I’ve created a free printable checklist for you and your family called How To Get Your Home Ready To Sell In 30 Days. Print a copy and start getting your home ready for a quick sale.
We are envisioning putting our house on the market and building because we are outgrowing our home. We already have a pretty big house; we have raised our six kids in homes much smaller than this one. However, we are learning that after each one of those six kids gets married, we then need a table for 14 when we are together. No problem, our table now goes to 17 feet.
Here is where the plot thickens, each couple has a few kids, maybe just two each over the next few years then we need a table for 26. Now I feel it is safe to say they will all have more than two. Next throw in the necessary space for all the toys Gigi has saved over the years for the grandkids to play with and, well you are getting the picture. Things could get pretty tight when we all come together real soon.
So our hunt for land is on, but we are waiting to put this house on the market until we purchase that perfect piece of property. So far we have been in this process just over a year. However, when “our” land comes on the market and we purchase it I want to be ready in less than 30 days to put our house on the market. When it sells, we will rent and start building.
I have already been tidying closets, storage areas, and purposely running the filter on items throughout the house, asking myself does this bring me joy or do I need it? If not, I give it away, donate it or trash it.
Neutralizing and simplifying our home is the key to making it inviting for potential home buyers. With that in mind, I have been doing the following decorating preparations, knowing it will be listed someday, hopefully soon.
Ideas For Decorating A Home Going On The Market For Sale
- Take down fussy window treatments and replace with natural, simple treatments.
- Make decor, walls, and furniture a neutral color.
- Create a clear use for each room.
- Rearranging furniture to create a more spacious room
- Sprucing up the front door area with a cute number sign and lovely planters for plants and flowers by the front door.
- Purchase new towels for when it’s time to show the house. It will be nice to use these in a new home someday but for now, they are off limits.
- Arranging the mirrors, so a room feels more spacious and light.
- Move furniture that makes a room feel cluttered to storage.
- Clean off shelves and display areas leaving just a few purposeful accent items
- Remove all personal pictures of family and friends
I also have been going through the entire home and making a list of repairs needed inside and out. Then assigning the task to whoever needs to get it done. It’s not a big deal now, but when we only have 30 days until the listing time, I’ll be glad these projects are done.
Check List For Repairs Before Putting Your Home On The Market For Sale
- Make sure all door hardware is in working order.
- Check that caulking is clean and not peeling in the kitchen and bathrooms
- Repair any cracks in the ceiling and walls.
- Fill in holes left by pictures or shelves hung on walls and then touch up paint.
- Repair any leaky faucets or supply valves.
- Repair any chipped or broken tiles
- Make sure all light switches and outlets are in working order
- Replace old and dirty light switches and outlet covers.
- Remove any stains from carpets or hardwood floors.
Sell Your Home To Do List
There are many projects best to wait on doing until we are just about to list. With that in mind, I’ve decided it would be a good idea to create a How To Get Your Home Ready To Sell In 30 Days to do list for my family. When we decide to list everyone will know what needs to be done and can pitch in and help by checking off the projects as they get them done.
How To Get Your Home Ready To Sell In 30 Days
To get your free printable join my Organizing and Printables email list below and I’ll send you a free printable pdf copy right away.