Crazy good and addictive this Italian Cheesy Pull Apart Bread is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The loaf is filled with a buttery garlic, pesto and Italian herb mixture then generously stuffed with mozzarella cheese to create each perfect bite for this pull apart Italian bread.
- 1 oval loaf of hard crusted dense bread
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a medium pan, sauté garlic in butter for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add oregano, rosemary, and parsley, stir and remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Cut the bread on the diagonal into 1 inch diamonds. Do not cut all the way through the bread, just to the bottom of the loaf so it will hold together.
- Stir in peso to butter herb mixture.
- Pry open each area of the bread spooning butter mixture through out each slice of the bread. Continue until all butter is used.
- Stuff shredded cheese into each crack of the bread.
- Place the loaf in aluminum foil closing tightly creating a tent on the top so the melted cheese does not stick. I found it was easier to spray the foil with Pam so it does not stick after it is melted.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, until cheese is mostly melted.
- Unwrap foil and bake 5 more minutes
- Serve immediately with plenty of napkins.