Lemon Butter Tilapia is infused with a hint of tart lemony cilantro and sweet creamy butter to create a delicious dinner for your family.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 inch lemon slices cut into circles
- 4 (5 ounces) skinless tilapia fillets
- Mix butter with cilantro, garlic, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice. Stir until blended then set aside
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper
- When oil is hot, add fish fillets top side down. Cook until fish is almost cooked through and the underside is deep golden brown. About 3-4 minutes
- Flip fillets using a large spatula so they do not break apart
- With a small spatula, spread butter mixture over each fillet.
- Add lemon circles to the pan and allow to cook with fish for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve immediately with lemon circles as a garnish