Enjoy this Lemon Butter Tilapia, which is infused with a hint of tart lemon, cilantro,…
Lemon Spaghetti with Spinach is a one-pot wonder of creamy light lemon and garlic flavors that is an easy healthy vegan meal your entire family will love.
The secret to creamy almost cheesy vegan spaghetti.
The key to making this lemon spaghetti rich and creamy is surprisingly in the pasta you choose and the way you cook it. I use quinoa and brown rice past so that I can serve a gluten-free dish.
Quinoa is a seed that packs a punch for nutrition. Quinoa pasta is my favorite alternative to wheat pasta because when you serve it you can’t tell the difference from regular pasta. It’s a whole grain that is loaded with plenty of fiber, protein, and 25% of your daily need for iron.
I buy my
The secret to making a creamy sauce is the process of cooking the quinoa and rice noodles directly in the vegetable broth and coconut milk. Quinoa is a seed that puts off starch when cooked, it’s like a natural rue being made in the pot while the noodles are being cooked. If you boil quinoa and brown rice noodles to use for other pasta dishes I suggest rinsing them before you sauce them.
Another great recipe I make with quinoa and brown rice noodles is my Homemade Spaghetti Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes. It’s like stepping into a sweet Italian grandma’s kitchen, smelling the aroma of tomatoes and garlic roasting creating anticipation of the delicious bowl of spaghetti you soon will be eating.
Lemon Spaghetti with Spinach
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 9 oz Quinoa and brown rice spaghetti
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoons organic lemon zest and some for topping
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- In a large pot heat olive oil, add onions and cook until almost soft then add garlic and saute for 1 minute on medium-high heat.
- Add vegetable broth, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Bring just to a boil and add spaghetti slowly stirring in so it does not break. Turn heat to medium and allow to cook, stirring every minute or so so it does not stick. Cook until noodles are soft, about 20 minutes. I found after about 10 minutes I needed to turn my gas stove to low to prevent sticking.
- When the spaghetti is al dente, stir in lemon zest and spinach.
- Serve immediately, seasoning with a bit of lemon zest, chili peppers, and salt.