Sweet creamy dressing tossed with toasted pecans, tomatoes and crunchy cabbage create this wonderful and surprisingly Low Carb Italian Kale Salad.
- 4 cups chopped kale, with stems removed
- 4 cups savoy cabbage shredded
- 1 cup small diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley leaves. I just use a big handfull of leaves and let the food processor chop when mixing dressing
- 1 small garlic clove peeled
- 1 single serving packet of stevia or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Place kale, cabbage diced tomatoes, toasted pecans and minced onions in a large bowl and toss.
- In a food processor add olive oil, mayonnaise, cottage cheese and almond cashew milk. Blend for one minute
- Add salt, parsley leaves, garlic clove and stevia to food processor and blend for 2 minutes or until creamy smooth
- Pour dressing over salad in bowl and toss.
- Chill before serving or over night.