Quick and easy to make this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad would be great for lunch or add grilled chicken and make it a healthy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
I am a huge fan of all kinds of salads and when our area got a Zoe's Kitchen I found I got a little obsessive over their quinoa salad, which could get a little expensive eating out all the time. I decided to create my own Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe.
It is super easy to make and would be great for lunch or add grilled chicken and make it a dinner the whole family will enjoy. To make it even easier, I bought my organic quinoa from Costco already prepared in the freezer section. I just had to pop it in the microwave for 3 minutes.
Sometimes when I prepare this salad, I like to add some extra goodies to mine, such as sun-dried tomatoes, anchovies, and chickpeas. Depending on what you had on hand, you could also toss in some chopped broccoli, celery, or green peppers. The combinations are endless once you have the basic salad built.
I use Cavender's Greek Seasoning with all my mediterranean dishes like this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad. It's easy to find in our area but if you have trouble finding it at stores, you can order it through Amazon.
Did you know that Quinoa is considered a superfood? This newly popular seed, which cooks like a grain, is a great addition to a healthy diet. Quinoa is high in fiber and high-quality protein. In fact, it contains more protein than any other grain while also packing in iron and potassium.
MORE QUINOA RECIPES
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups lettuce greens chopped mixed
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup peppers red and yellow, sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 cup onion sweet, chopped
- 1/4 cup olives green and kalamata
- 1/4 cup cucumbers sliced
- 2 TB red wine vinegar
- 2 TB olive oil good quality
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice fresh-squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek Seasoning Cavender's or any other greek seasoning mix
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl in order given.
- Toss and serve
- The addition of chopped broccoli, celery, or green peppers would be delicious.