Your family will applaud your dinner when you make this healthy and delicious Eggplant and…
It is easy to make this amazingly flavorful Mongolian Beef at home. Doing take out for a large crowd can get expensive, but with this recipe you will be a able to have that take out flavor on a much smaller budget.
To make this Mongolian Beef I use my Thai Seasoning blend to flavor the crispy outside coating.
- 2 Tablespoons of Thai Seasoning recipe found on Intentional Hospitality
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 lb flank steak sliced in very thin strips
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium size skillet over medium low heat. Add ginger and garlic and stir just until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add soy sauce, water and brown sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer on low for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
- Mix cornstarch and Thai Seasoning in small bowl.
- Slice the flank steak into ¼" slices and toss with seasoned cornstarch. Gently shake off any excess.
- Place 2 tablespoon at a time of oil in a pan or wok and heat over medium high heat. Cook the beef in small batches for about 2 minutes. It doesn't need to cook all of the way through,it will cook completely when combined with the sauce.
- Once all the beef has been cooked, combine with the sauce and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve over Jasmine white rice.