Radish Cilantro Salad with Goat Cheese is a fragrant spring salad of fresh radishes, cilantro and mild shallots tossed with a soy sauce vinaigrette then topped with creamy goat cheese.
One of the highlights of my trip to the mailbox is when my Saveur magazine has arrived. This month they have several recipes I want to try and share with you the results in photographs. The first one I’m trying is their recipe for Radish Cilantro Salad with Goat Cheese.
I picked up some organic Easter Egg Radishes from Cal-Organic Farms at my local Publix. Radishes get a harder skin after they are picked however this variety did not seem to have that happen. They had a smooth, mellow flavor, so they were perfect as the main ingredient in my lunch salad.
I found some fun facts about radishes on WebMD that I thought you would enjoy reading.
- Radishes were first cultivated in China and made their way to America around 1692.
- Radishes are members of the Brassicaceae family which include mustard, cabbage, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, and horseradish, among others.
- Radishes are a great low-cal snack; one cup of sliced radishes has only 19 calories.
- Most states grow radishes, but California and Florida boast the biggest crops in the United States.
- Because they grow rapidly, radish plants are ideal for children’s gardens. The scientific name for the genus that includes radishes is Raphanus, Greek for “quickly appearing.”
If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ It helps others find the recipe! ❤️️ Also, I love to hear from my readers and always do my best to respond to each and every comment. I’m always looking for new ideas for post that would help you. Don’t forget if you do make this recipe, tag me @intentionalhospitality on Instagram so I can share it with my followers. I would love to see your yummy creation.
Radish Cilantro Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1 bunch about a pound French breakfast radishes or Organic Easter Egg Radishes
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon course ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup loosely packed coursly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese crumbled
- Wash and dry the radishes, trim off greens
- Thinly slice the radishes then transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add minced shallots and salt to bowl. Toss and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the rice vinegar wit the soy sauce and drizzle in the olive oil, shisking until emulsified
- Add cilantro and half of the dressing to the radishes and shallots. Toss gently
- Transfer to a plate, top with the goat cheese, serve the remaing dressing on the side