A smooth, sweet creamy soup full of wonderful flavor.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Place carrots, onion and chickpeas in a large roasting pan.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over all
- Cut the top 1/4 of a garlic bulb off and discard. Place the bulb in aluminum foil, drizzle with a teaspoon olive oil, wrap tight and place in pan.
- Roast vegetables with lid on for 45 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven. Carefully open foil. Break cloves apart, then pinch each one from the bottom so the roasted garlic falls into the pot of roasted vegetables.
- Add chicken broth, cumin, and salt
- Mix well with a hand held stick mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add whipping cream and rewarm slightly for 5 minutes being sure not to scorch soup.
- Top with a dollop of ranch flavor sour cream and a pinch of red pepper flakes