BBQ Roasted Chickpeas recipe is a simple to make a healthy snack, full of sweet bbq flavor and the best part is they are protein packed, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free!
1 15 oz can chickpeas
1 tablespoon extra virgin
BBQ Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup finely ground coffee
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon cayenne ~ or more
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
Rinse and thoroughly dry the chickpeas. It is best to place the chickpeas on paper towels and pat until they are almost dry.
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients to the bbq seasoning mix. You will have extra seasoning so I suggest placing in a jar with a tight lid to use next time.
- Place the chickpeas in a large dry bowl and drizzle the over them. Toss until they are completely covered.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the bbq seasoning mix, lightly toss to coat.
- Place coated chickpeas on parchment lined baking sheet
- Roast in 400-degree oven for 35 minutes. Set your timer every 15 minutes to gently stir the chickpeas while roasting. Ovens vary so when the desired roasting is done, remove and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week
Keywords: roasted chickpeas recipe