Roasted Blueberry Balsamic Brussel Sprouts are a delicious side dish. The sweetness of the blueberry balsamic vinegar will make this recipe a hit for young and old alike.
Our local Whole Foods had a special this week on brussel sprouts. I thought it would be fun to buy the sprouts on their original stem, sometimes we forget how beautiful our food can be when we just open a bag.
To prepare them we just snapped off each small head and then trimmed the base with a small knife, removing the outside leaves. We then threw them in our salad spinner, gave the a quick wash and finished up preparing them by cutting them in half for the recipe.
Roasted Blueberry Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
- 1 stalk of Brussel Sprouts
- 1/4 Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- Precooked bacon to the rubbery stage this keeps your dish from getting greasy but infusing bacon flavor
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Trim off the stem and trim ends. Rinsed brussel sprouts, remove any bad leaves, then cut the sprout in half lengthwise.
- Place in a bowl and add the olive oil to lightly coat them
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and add finely sliced bacon pieces
- Now add 2 tablespoons of blueberry balsamic vinegar
- Toss this all together well and place on a non-greased baking sheet cut side down.
- Place in oven and roast 15 minutes. Then turn the sprouts over, cooking another 15 minutes.
- If your sprouts are large you may need a little more time.
- Just before serving sprinkle more blueberry balsamic vinegar over the sprouts