Roasted Blueberry Balsamic Brussel Sprouts are a delicious side dish. The sweetness of the blueberry balsamic vinegar will make this recipe a hit for young and old alike.
Our local Whole Foods had a special this week on brussel sprouts. I thought it would be fun to buy the sprouts on their original stem, sometimes we forget how beautiful our food can be when we just open a bag.
To prepare them we just snapped off each small head and then trimmed the base with a small knife, removing the outside leaves. We then threw them in our salad spinner, gave the a quick wash and finished up preparing them by cutting them in half for the recipe.
Roasted Blueberry Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
Need an ingredient to make this recipe? Click this Instacart button and get what you need sent right to you.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Trim off the stem and trim ends. Rinsed brussel sprouts, remove any bad leaves, then cut the sprout in half lengthwise.
- Place in a bowl and add the olive oil to lightly coat them
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and add finely sliced bacon pieces
- Now add 2 tablespoons of blueberry balsamic vinegar
- Toss this all together well and place on a non-greased baking sheet cut side down.
- Place in oven and roast 15 minutes. Then turn the sprouts over, cooking another 15 minutes.
- If your sprouts are large you may need a little more time.
- Just before serving sprinkle more blueberry balsamic vinegar over the sprouts
Need an item in the this recipe? Click the Instacart button and have it sent right to you.