Savory Parmesan and Rosemary Shortbreads are easy to make and elegant to serve.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (not the green can kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon find ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped dried rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place the butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix butter on medium until creamy.
- Add the parmesan, salt, pepper, herbs and flour one at a time until evenly combined.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water to help bring the dough together.
- Roll dough in a log form and wrap in wax paper, chill for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice shortbread 1 inch thick. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, just until they turn golden on the edges.