Create a sensationally flavored seafood boil with this Seafood Boil Seasoning Recipe This seasoning mixture will unmask the full flavor in any seafood yet will not overpower it.
- 3/4 cup whole mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup whole coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup course sea salt
- 1/4 cup celery seeds
- 1/4 cup marjoram
- 1/4 cup dill seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 small bay leaves, crushed
- Mix all ingredients in a quart canning jar, screw on lid and shake until well blended. Store in a cool, dry place until needed.
- To use in seafood boil, scoop 1/2 cup of seasoning into cheesecloth, tie up well with twine. Place in a pot of water, bring to a boil, add seafood and cook until done. Discard the bag of seasoning and serve seafood.