This Spicy Garlic Salad Dressing has a way of saying wow when it hits your taste…
Kick up your salads with a little bit of heat and crunch when you make this Spicy Seed Salad Topping. It’s a delicious healthy topping with only 23 calories per serving.
People often forget that seeds are in fact nutritional powerhouses high in fiber, contain significant amounts of vitamin E and are super high in omegas. They also act as a source of protein – meaning they are a wonderful choice for snacking as they will keep you fuller for longer.
- 1/8 cup raw white sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup raw black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon flaked salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Pour sesame seeds and sunflower seeds on a small baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes stirring twice. Pour into a small bowl.
- Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add sesame, sunflower, nuts, and poppy seeds. Toast for about 5 minutes or until pine nuts are golden brown. Be sure and stir every 20 seconds or so.
- Add salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and lemon zest. Mix all together. Pour onto a cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven stirring once 1/2 way through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container or jar in a cool place.
- Can be used as a salad topping, on steamed or sautéed vegetables and eggs.
Spicy Seed Salad Topping Nutrition