Canning your own Spicy Bread and Butter Pickles is a great way to add a little…
Kick your tacos up to a new level of flavor with this easy to make Spicy Verde Pulled Pork recipe.
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this delicious pulled pork using the crockpot. Just put a few ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and you will have delicious mexican pork ready to be pulled for your for dinner.
The spicy verde pulled pork is easy to turn up the heat on. Just add a jalapeno or two to the crock pot when cooking or top your pulled pork tacos with some fresh and spicy pico de gallo such as Foodiecrushes yummy recipe below.
The secret to this easy Spicy Verde Pulled Pork is using my Green Tomato Salsa Verde as your base ingredient for your cooking sauce. You can make a batch of this salsa easily in one pot, then can or freeze to use with your Mexican recipes or as a salsa with chips. If you don’t have time to make your own, then I suggest using a store bought salsa verde, just add a few pinches of sugar to the recipe when you are cooking.
I like to separate the pork’s grease after cooking from the sauce. I have found a really easy way to do this is with a OXO Good Grips 4-cup Fat Separator. I use this little kitchen gadget every time before I make gravy. It helps me serve a much healthier gravy and sauce to my family be removing excess fat.
Spicy Verde Pulled Pork
- 4 lbs of lean pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 jalapenos chopped and seeded - if you like it spicy
- 1 pint Green Tomato Salsa Verde
- Place pork in crockpot
- Pour over Green Tomato Salsa Verde
- Sprinkle cumin and pepper over salsa
- Add jalapenos if you like it with a little more spice
- Put the lid on and cook on high for 6 hours or until meat is very tender, pulling apart easily with a fork
- Remove pork from sauce, allow to cool and then shred with your hands or two forks.
- With a slotted spoon dish out salsa chunks and pour over meat.
- Pour remaining sauce into your OXO Good Grips 4-Cup Fat Separator. Allow to set for 30 minutes so the grease rises to the top.
- Pour salsa cooking juice over meat and discard grease. Reheat meat when you are ready to serve.
- Stuff soft taco shells with shredded cabbage, chopped fresh cilantro, pico de gallo or anything else you like in your tacos. Top with a new jar of Green Tomato Salsa Verde.
affiliate link in post