Summer Farro Salad is a delicious and easy salad made with hearty and healthful farro, olive oil, lemon juice, zucchini, peas, pesto, and freshly chopped parsley.
1 cup farro
1 teaspoon salt, divided in half
1/8 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1 cup zucchini chopped in small cubes
1/4 cup pesto
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (optional)
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Measure 1 cup of farrow and rinse in a colander.
- Bring to boil two cups of water and a dash of salt in a medium saucepan.
- Add farro, stir and cover. Reduce heat to a simmer
- Simmer for 20 minutes until soft and tender.
- Drain any excess water and then fluff with a fork.
Place cooked farro in a medium-size mixing bowl, add all other ingredients and toss well.
This can be made the day before a party, just allow to come to room temperature before serving.
Keywords: summer farro salad