Thick and delicious vegan black bean burgers are crispy on the outside and juicy inside…
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili is a thick, chunky, belly filling spicy chili. The sweet potatoes lend to just the right amount of sweetness to complement the heat. The beans and sweet potatoes are super foods that are easy to incorporate into a healthy one pot meal.
As temperatures start dipping down and we need to pull out our sweaters, we all look forward to a warm pot of this chili. We usually double this recipe because it is a great lunch to pack for work or warm up for a late night snack.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cans stewed tomato puree
- 2 cans black beans drained
- 1 4 oz can hot chopped green chilis
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Cook hamburger and drain.
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion and bell pepper and salute until onion are soften. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Saute for 1 minute or until garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, sweet potatoes, hamburger and broth. Stir to combine. Bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer for 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings such as cheese or sour cream.