- 1 pound cooked ground beef
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cans stewed tomato puree
- 2 cans black beans drained
- 1 4 oz can hot chopped green chilis
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Cook hamburger and drain.
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion and bell pepper and salute until onion are soften. About 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Saute for 1 minute or until garlic is soft and fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, sweet potatoes, hamburger and broth. Stir to combine. Bring to boil and then turn down to a simmer for 45 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings such as cheese or sour cream.