This quick 10 minute Vegan Beer Bread has a sweet chewy crust on the outside…
Be ready to amaze your taste buds when you bake this Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread. No eggs, no wheat, no white sugar just healthy guilt-free goodness.
I have been in search of the perfect, gluten-free, vegan and low sugar banana bread for some time now. There were many recipes I tried and tweaked but they all were a complete flop in taste. Some turned out so wrong I had to use a spoon to eat them.
Healthy Vegan Banana Bread
I am finally satisfied with this wonderful tasting, slightly sweet Gluten Free Vegan Banana Bread recipe.
It is a heavier bread so eating a piece is more like a meal than a snack at breakfast. It would be wonderful served warm in a bowl nesting warm almond milk and drizzled with a hint of maple syrup.
Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 flax eggs 1 Tb ground flax to 2 Tb water for each egg substituted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of baking stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a small black cast iron skillet with coconut oil
- In a small bowl combine flax and water, stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes)
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, finely mash bananas. Add honey, almond milk, vanilla and the flax eggs. Stir well.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed.
- Fold in chopped pecans leaving a few to sprinkle on the top of the bread before baking.
- Pour batter into greased black skillet, top with a few pecans and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the center is firm.
More Vegan Bread Recipes