Be ready to amaze your taste buds when you bake this Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread. No eggs, no wheat, no white sugar just healthy guilt-free goodness.
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 flax eggs (1 Tb ground flax to 2 Tb water for each egg substituted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of baking stevia
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a small black cast iron skillet with coconut oil
- In a small bowl combine flax and water, stir and allow to sit for 5 minutes)
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, finely mash bananas. Add honey, almond milk, vanilla and the flax eggs. Stir well.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until mixed.
- Fold in chopped pecans leaving a few to sprinkle on the top of the bread before baking.
- Pour batter into greased black skillet, top with a few pecans and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the center is firm.