Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake is sure to become a holiday gathering favorite with its rich dairy-free…
Easy no-bake Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake is full of rich creamy flavor that is sweet and fruity, with the bonus that it is really good for you to indulge in. This vegan cheesecake has a rich dairy-free creamy filling and a naturally sweetened nutty gluten-free crust.
Is vegan cheesecake really good?
The first question you might have about this recipe could be is vegan cheesecake really good? My answer is an absolute yes. It tastes sweet and creamy but has a slightly thicker consistency than baked cheesecakes.
This blueberry vegan cheesecake recipe is also great because it is a no-bake cheesecake and it’s simple to make. It freezes well and it’s gluten-free.
Is vegan cheesecake healthy for you?
Ok, so it’s good but is vegan cheesecake healthy? Yes, this dessert is packed with a punch in the nutrition department. The magic is in the base with raw cashews.
According to Organic Facts, Cashews are very nutritious and are a powerhouse of proteins and essential minerals including copper, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. Cashews also contain vitamins such as vitamin C, vitamin B1, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin E, and vitamin K. They also provide a good source of monounsaturated fat and low amounts of polyunsaturated fats with no harmful cholesterol if consumed appropriately.
How to make blueberry vegan cheesecake
The night before, soak raw cashews in a bowl of water. The next day, drain and rinse. This step is the key to a creamy smooth vegan cheesecake so don’t skip the soak. Then place cashews in food processor and blend for several minutes until smooth.
When making this recipe be sure you use raw cashews. If they are not raw you will not get a creamy smooth filling for this vegan cheesecake. I order mine from Amazon if I can not find them in my local grocery. Of course, a day trip to Trader Joes is always a fun way to purchase them for me.
A tip for success with this Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake is to be sure and use a springform pan like this Alotpower Non-Stick Springform Pan. It will help you get beautiful looking cheesecakes every time.
For more great vegan cheesecake ideas be sure and try my Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake. It has a rich dairy-free creamy filling flavored with warm fall spices and a gluten-free, naturally sweetened nutty crust.
Blueberry Vegan Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- A few teaspoons of water if needed to help blend
- 2 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 scoops with spoon provided in Pyure Organic Stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp lime zest plus a little more for garnish
- 1 cup blueberries + more for garnish
- Pulse ingredients in a food processor until sticky crumbles form. Add a few teaspoons of water at the end if it needs help sticking. Press crust into a parchment-lined 7″ springform pan.
- The night before, soak cashews in a bowl of water. The next day, drain and rinse. Place cashews in food processor and blend for several minutes until smooth.
- Scrape down sides and add lime juice, 1/4 cup sweetener, stevia, lime zest, vanilla and then blend again until smooth. Add blueberries and drizzle in the melted coconut oil and blend until well combined and has a creamy smooth texture. Taste and add more sweetener, if needed.
- Scoop cheesecake onto crust, smooth out and then freeze for 30 minutes to chill. Garnish with whole blueberries and lime zest.