Kick your tacos up to a new level of flavor with this easy to make Spicy Verde…
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #gardeinmeatlessmeats #lovesprouts #CollectiveBias
Quick and delicious, Spicy Vegan Fish Sandwich is perfect for a busy family dinner that vegans and meat-eaters will both love. It’s topped with a spicy mayo which pairs perfectly with dill infused coleslaw.
Back to school time can get hectic, and usually, the first thing to go array at night is a meal that is good for you; we tend to opt for greasy take out instead. However, this Spicy Vegan Fish Sandwich is the perfect answer to a delicious easy meal solution your whole family will love.
What is in a vegan fish sandwich?
After beating colon cancer, I am keenly aware of how important it is to incorporate more plants into my diet to remain cancer-free. Gardein products use a savory blend of nutritious vegetables and grain ingredients. Most Gardein products offer less saturated fat and no cholesterol vs. traditional meat.
For these sandwiches I start with Gardein certified always vegan Golden Fishless Filets from my local Sprouts freezer section. They are a premade plant-based protein that has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. There is no cholesterol, trans fat, MSG or PHOs in them. The filet has a white flakey center that even a meat-eater will not recognize as a plant-based product.
Gardein has other great products such as Seven Grain Crispy Tenders, Classic Meatless Meatballs and Mandarin Orange Crispy Chick’n. I have been pleased with every Gardein product I have tried.
Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs are another great product to serve your family on a busy night. It’s sure to be a hit with kids!
Gardein is making it easier to go meatless by offering a coupon Buy 2 Gardein Meatless Meat Products and Get 1 Free at any Sprouts Farmer’s Market store between 8/13/10 to 11/09/19.
Try this Rainbow Cauliflower Salad for an easy to make, beautiful side salad. It’s tossed with homemade fresh Italian dressing. It’s low-carb, gluten-free, and vegan so it’s a perfect fresh salad that all your guest will rave about.
Spicy Vegan Fish Sandwich
- 4 Gardein Golden Fishless Filets
- 2 buns of choice
- Enough lettuce to cover the bottom of bun
- Slaw Ingredients
- 2 cups prepackaged shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Spicy Mayo Ingredients
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce I use Huey Fong brand
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place Gardein Golden Fishless Filets on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, dijon, lemon juice, dill, olive oil, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Stir in slaw mix and chill until ready to use.
- Spicy Mayo
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic chili sacue in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and creamy. Chill until ready to use.
- Place lettuce, then slaw, Gardein Fishless Filets on bun, top with spicy mayo and serve.