Quick and delicious, Spicy Vegan Fish Sandwich is perfect for a busy family dinner that vegans and meat-eaters will both love. It's topped with spicy mayo which pairs perfectly with dill-infused coleslaw.
Back to school time can get hectic, and usually, the first thing to go array at night is a meal that is good for you; we tend to opt for greasy takeout instead. However, this Spicy Vegan Fish Sandwich is the perfect answer to a delicious easy meal solution your whole family will love.
What is in a vegan fish sandwich?
After beating colon cancer, I am keenly aware of how important it is to incorporate more plants into my diet to remain cancer-free. Gardein products use a savory blend of nutritious vegetables and grain ingredients. Most Gardein products offer less saturated fat and no cholesterol vs. traditional meat.
For these sandwiches I start with Gardein vegan Golden Fishless Filets from my local Sprouts freezer section. They are a premade plant-based protein that has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. There is no cholesterol, trans fat, MSG or PHOs in them. The filet has a white flakey center that even a meat-eater will not recognize as a plant-based product.
Try this Rainbow Cauliflower Salad for an easy-to-make, beautiful side salad. It's tossed with homemade fresh Italian dressing. It’s low-carb, gluten-free, and vegan, so it’s a perfect fresh salad that all your guests will rave about.
If you love this recipe, please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️. This helps others find great recipes.
Spicy Vegan Fish Sandwich
To save you ink, video and equipment images will not print.
- 4 Gardein Golden Fishless Filets
- 2 buns of choice
- Enough lettuce to cover the bottom of bun
- Slaw Ingredients
- 2 cups prepackaged shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Spicy Mayo Ingredients
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce I use Huey Fong brand
Need an ingredient to make this recipe? Click this Instacart button and get what you need sent right to you.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place Gardein Golden Fishless Filets on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Whisk vinegar, honey, dijon, lemon juice, dill, olive oil, and salt in a small mixing bowl. Stir in slaw mix and chill until ready to use.
- Spicy Mayo
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic chili sacue in a small bowl. Stir until smooth and creamy. Chill until ready to use.
- Place lettuce, then slaw, Gardein Fishless Filets on bun, top with spicy mayo and serve.
Need an item in the this recipe? Click the Instacart button and have it sent right to you.
Leave a Comment & Rate this Recipe