These savory and easy to make parmesan rosemary shortbread cookies are an elegant appetizer or special late-night snack with a glass of wine.
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Parmesan freshly grated, not the green can kind. Allow warm to room temperature after you grade it.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme finely chopped dried leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary finely chopped dried leaves
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Place room temperature butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix butter on medium until creamy.
Add the room temperature parmesan, salt, pepper, herbs, and flour. Mix on low until evenly combined.
Roll dough in a log form and wrap in wax paper, chill for at least 30 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice shortbread 1 inch thick. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
Bake for approximately 22-25 minutes, just until they turn golden on the edges.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Servings: 20 cookies