Vegan White Bean Chili
Vegan White Bean Chili is a healthy and hearty meal loaded with a variety of beans, fresh corn, and authentic Mexican spice. It's also gluten and dairy-free.
Servings: 8 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion medium, chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 corn ear of fresh, cut off the cob or 1/2 cup frozen
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour Use almond flour for a gluten-free recipe
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 15 ounce great northern beans canned, rinsed, and drained
- 15 ounce chickpeas canned, rinsed, and drained
- 15 ounce white kidney beans canned, rinsed, and drained
- 4 ounce chopped green chilies can, mild or medium
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Heat olive oil in a medium-sized stockpot over medium heat
Add onion, peppers, corn and shallots, saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
Add garlic, cumin, and coriander and saute for another 30 second
Next, add flour into vegetables, stirring constantly until all vegetables are coated. Slowly add vegetable stock, while stirring, and then add in the beans, and green chilies.
Turn heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
One of our family’s favorite add-ins to soups is sweet and spicy jalapeno Canned Cowboy Candy. Canned Cowboy Candy is the perfect way to preserve many jalapenos in an addictive sweet and spicy sauce. They are also great on burgers, Mexican foods, in dips, and pimento cheese spread.
- pickled jalapenos (see recipe above)
- taco chips
- lime wedges
- hot sauce
- shredded cheese
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 292kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 675mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 748IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 5mg