Bacon and Whiskey BBQ Sauce
This is such a unique but oh so lip smacking good BBQ sauce that will please everyone. This sauce dances flavor on your tongue with sweet smoky bacon flavor and punches of whiskey, garlic and maple.
Servings: 112 tablespoons
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/3 cup whiskey
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coffee very strong
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup pure, not the fake stuff
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Coffee Dry Rub
Cut bacon in to 1/2 inch pieces and cook in large dutch oven until bacon is brown and crispy
Add the onion, garlic, tomato paste, and Coffee Dry Rub. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
Add remaining ingredients, bring to a low simmer.
Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
Transfer to a glass jar with lid and store in fridge
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 46IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg