Thick Smoothie Bowl Recipe Vegan
Starting the day off with a nutritious CBD Smoothie Bowl is a great way to ease chronic pain, inflammation and reduce anxiety. It's an all-around healthy way to boost your mornings!
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries frozen
- 1 1/2 cup Strawberries frozen
- 1 scoop Coconut protein powder 20 grams of powder
- 1 1/3 cups Unsweetened almond milk unsweetened almond milk. You might need to add more or less to create a thick smoothie depending on your blender and frozen fruit.
- Stevia I like to add 3 scoops. The scooper comes inside the Pyure Organic Stevia jar.
Place all ingredients except toppings in a blender.
Blend on high for 1 minute or until your fruit is smooth. If your smoothie does not blend well, allow the fruit to thaw a few minutes and try again. If you are in a hurry, you can add a tablespoon of almond milk in increments until your blender makes the fruit smooth.
Pour in a bowl and top with frozen fruit and shredded coconut or any other favorite topping.
If you like changing up the flavor of your smoothie bowl, here are some great options for toppings you can keep on hand in your pantry.
Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
- pumpkin seed - these are a good option to substitute nuts
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- dark chocolate chips - I like to use Lilly's because they are no sugar added and are made with stevia.
- fresh banana slices
- drizzle maple syrup
- mixed fresh berries
- copped Medjool dates
- cacao nibs - rich in antioxidants and add a nice sweet crunch to your bowl.
- hemp seeds - these are a good source of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, antioxidants, protein, iron, and vitamin B.
- Chia seeds – are a good source of omega 3 & 6 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, iron, and calcium!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Vitamin C: 74mg | Calcium: 273mg | Iron: 2mg