Spicy Cashew Cream Sauce
This quick and easy Spicy Cashew Cream Sauce Dressing Recipe (Vegan) is a delicious healthy vegan substitute for mayonnaise, salad dressing, or sour cream.
- 1 cup cashews raw organic
- 2 cups water boiling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- lemon juice fresh juice from 1/2 medium-size lemon
- 2 garlic medium cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons chili paste (optional) Huy Fong Sambal Oelek Ground Fresh
Quick method: Place raw cashews in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow soaking for 1 hour before using. Overnight method: Place raw cashews in room temperature water and allow to sit overnight.
Drain cashews from water.
Place cashews, almond milk, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and nutritional yeast into a blender such as Vitamix. Process until creamy and smooth. Note, you might need to add a tablespoon or two more of almond milk to achieve a creamy sauce.
Stir in chili paste if you would like your cream sauce spicy.
Place unused cream sauce in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Nutritional Yeast: Add a few extra teaspoons to give the sauce a mild cheese flavor
- Pesto: Add two tablespoons
- Stevia or maple syrup: For a sweet cream that would be great with fruit or dolloped on pie
- Sriracha: Put in 2-4 tablespoons, depending on how hot you like it
- Peanut butter: While processing, add 1/4 cup of peanut butter. This would be great on bagels or in Thai dishes
- Curry: Stir in 2 tablespoons. This would make a yummy topping on roasted veggies.
Calories: 195kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 7gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 633mgPotassium: 266mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 5IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 57mgIron: 2mg